Friday, September 27, 2013

EEEEEEEEEEkkkkkk - SCACD Blog Hop

This is my first post with the SCACD design team. Can I say I am UBER excited to get to work with these stamps and all of the other products that Susana has in her store!!!!! Not to mention the super ladies that are creating for the team. 

And to start this out right, I got to work with the new release! Yes - that is right! Today Susana Loves Stamps is releasing another new round of these unique, fresh and edgy rubber stamps due to the response we got to the premier MechAnimals stamps.  Along with the new MechAnimals there are some fabulous new Far East and floral inspired rubber stamps being released today as well.

You should have arrived from Alex's blog. If not, and you wandered into this hop by happy accident, then you should go start out with Alex!!!!

I have two projects to share with you today. The first is using the MechAnimals #2 Stamp Incandescent Light


Isn't Incandescent Light to die for!!!!??? I sang songs from Finding Nemo the entire time I colored it. Additionally, I used the SCACD  Contempo Compass Statement Corner Die, but instead of using them in the corner I decided to place them in a different position (who said corner dies are only for the corners). It really brings out the Nautical in the image!

Colors Used: C1, C3, C5, E04, Y11, 21, 23, 26 for all the metal. E21, 23, 25 for the brown, YG21, 23, 25, 17 for the green scales. Then B21, 23, 24 for the blue background. Once done, I added silver spikes on his back and then stardust for the teeth, and a silver, and gold and copper for the different rivets, and screws.

The second image made me SQUEEEEL. Literally. There was a happy dance when I saw it - See I LOVE dragons! This next image is Creative Spark from Eastern Dreams and TRULY got my creative spark going.



The dragon is absolutely GORGEOUS. And honestly after coloring her (She is too pretty to be a he), I didn't want anything taking any of her glory, so I went with a simple white on white theme - although with some dimension added. The colors were BG10, 11, 13, 15, B00, 12, 16, 18 and then stardust glitter was added all over the place to make her sparkle and shine. 

I then used the fun sentiment inside and the same colors to embellish it.

Your next stop on your blog journey is Pat St. Martin. 

For the US customers: You can get these awesome stamps and dies here:

New Susana Loves Stamps

International friends can get these at Quixotic Paperie for the stamps here- http://www.quixoticpaperie.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12_104  

BTW

SCACD Digital is also releasing today a fun little gaggle of digital ghoulies that scream fun and sweetness :-)  You can check them out HERE! 


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love how you coloured up both of them. Congrats on joining Susana's team!

    ~Elaine http://quixoticcards.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely AMAZING Alaine!!! I especially love the first one and the way you created the background with the glow around the light. WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. Love your coloring and the beautiful colors. Love The dragon you did a fantastic job with him.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on becoming a DT member! Your cards are so beautiful!! Really happy to be a part of this blog hop with you! Dianne - PackerDi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alaine - Another welcome to the DT and WOWZERS on your 1st project for the team :D FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on joining the team! So excited for you and for us!

    I love, Love, LOVE what you've done with both cards. The coloring on both is off-the-charts fantastic.

    I need to know how you did that blue background around the fish. I also want to tell you that your use of the Compass Corner is beyond brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alaine, you did a great job with these! :) I especially like how you did the angler fish with the die cuts, super cool!!

    ReplyDelete