Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'll have a BLUE Christmas

Release Week Challenge over at Flourishes this week is Warm Winter Wishes using cool shades of blue. I LOVE blue, and using blue at Christmas. I used the new Flourishes stamp set released last month.

I colored the ribbon first with all over with B32. I then added in B34, 37 in different areas to give shadow and movement. I blended in with the B32. I added a tad of B39 on the inside of the bow, and as a touch of shadow underneath the ornaments.

The greenery was G21, 24, 28 and YG63, 67 and G28.

The ornaments were colored with B000, 00 and 02 as well as C00, 1, 3. The bells were C1, and 3 and then blended with C00. Once I had all of it colored, I used some silver smooch on the bells and the ornaments, as well as some diamond stickles to make the bow and ornaments sparkly. The snowflake is white enamel accents with a little silver smooch added in the center of the white.

I cut it out with a Nestie, and went one size larger for the blue frame. I then used the largest size Nestie to cut a hole in the middle of the patterned paper.  The finished card is 5.x. 5.

Thanks for stopping by. Going to go do some more coloring! Hope to see you again soon.

~~Alaine

3 comments:

  1. Alaine this is really beautiful. I would have never thought to do this in blues.. Looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes. Hope to see you on Thursday at the new release party over on SCS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Your coloring is fabulous! This is just wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sigh... I never saw this stamp in blue in my mind's eye. What an eye your mind has! Dare I say this is the prettiest I've ever seen it? And I might also add -- WOW!

    ReplyDelete