Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lovely Ladies and a Follow that Blog contest

Hey there y'all. Loving the day off today, and the chance to get to color. I have colored two different lovely ladies today. This first one was done for Bombshell Stamps challenges for the month of November. I combined both their sketch challenge, and their monthly challenge which was Black Friday. Check out their blog for more information.
 
So I took the lovely Retro Cowgirl and colored her in black. Or really greys to make it look black. She is E50, 51, 53 with a bit of R20. The greys are all C family, and the stars, etc.. are in black spica. Her hair is E13, 15, 17, 18.  Once she was colored, I cut the paper to size and then sponged on black chalk ink on the outer edges.

She seemed rather naked when I was done, so I added a bit of swirly bling. Much better. The inside is a quote from Mae West "A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up."

This is Kenny K's Alice Chains. I love the design and she was a blast to color - - although a real pain in the booty to try to cut out (all those links are murder).

I colored her with blue B21, 23, 24, 26. The Skin is E50, 51, 53. For her hose, I colored her skin first with the E50 and 51, 53. I then went over the hose areas with C00 and a bit of C1 so it would make it look like black fishnet with skin underneath. Her hair is the Y21, 23, 26 series, but I added a bit of R22 to it to add a little bit of different color.  Her skirt was colored with B0000 and then I used B21, but not directly. I did the tip to tip method with the Colorless Blender to make it really light. The greys are all C1, 3, 5, 7.
__________________________________
On a final note - Bombshell stamps has a really new blog... and they have a new series of stamps out - digital and rubber. They are western style and all you have to do to win one of these is to follow their blog and post a little blurb on your blog promoting the contest. Easy... and  then you can win this lovely lady and all her neat accessories / sayings. YAY!



Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon!

~~ Alaine

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing Alaine !! WOW your coloring always blows me away !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaine, both of these are crazy awesome! I love that your DP on the Bombshell card mirrors the design of the cinched waist on her outfit. Beautiful coloring, too!

    Kenny K. images have a special place in my crafty heart and Alice is gorgeous! Love the tip to tip technique to achieve the delicate coloring on her sheer skirt. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete