Sunday, November 28, 2010

Polka Dotted Ho Ho Ho

I HAD to color Santa today. This jolly fellow is from Stamps by Judith. The H and O are from Technique Tuesday.


I have no clue where I saw this challenge for Polka Dots and Spots. I just know that I did, and thought of this really neat ribbon that was red and had black and white polka dots on it. So I colored up Santa, and then cut him out with a Nestie. I edged the outside of the cut with black. Then I cut one bigger size up with the red, and embossed it so it had an edge. I took my enamel accents and polka dotted around the outside edge with alternating colors. I have been wanting to use them for a while, especially after watching several people use them on different sites, and this provided the perfect time. Although, I need more practice getting them just the right size. 

Once I was done, and I had stamped the Ho Ho Ho  in Versamark and white embossed it, I realized... I didn't have that ribbon. DANGIT!!!!!! ARGGGGHHHHHH.  So I substituted some white ribbon with black dots and black ribbon with white dots. I think it worked ok, although I am still frustrated because I so wanted to use that other ribbon. I must have imagined I had it, or saw it somewhere and didn't buy it. ARGH!!!

Santa is shades of red R22, 24, 27, 29, Skin E000, E00, R20, Boots and belt - C3,5,7 and buckles Y23, 26. The fur is Flower Soft - polar white, and his beard and hair and gloves are B0000, B000.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have had a great Thanksgiving weekend. See you again soon!

~~Alaine


No comments:

Post a Comment