Saturday, November 27, 2010

Red and White Window to Paradise

Hello All. Here is my quick entry into this weeks Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge. It was a sketch challenge, and as soon as I saw the sketch I thought of the Windows to the World set.

I used the Tropical window. I colored it with my copics and then cut it out. After I cut it out I realized I wanted it on white. SIGH. So I then stuck it back down on white. I used a simple white and red layering. The sentiment is also Flourishes and is stamped with Versafine and then clear embossed.

The copics used are R22, 24, 27 on the flowers, G21, YG63,67 for the greenery. The water is BG72 and 75, the sand is E31, 33. The sky starts at the bottom with Y0000, YR0000, R0000, RV0000, BV0000, BV000, B21. Once I was done... I added a bit of Copic white on the water and at the shore line. I also added it to the sky to show the clouds.

Now I am going to admit something... I have no idea if this was done right side up or not. I couldn't figure it out. To me, the fronds should be hanging down... but I have seen it done the opposite way on a couple of different cards. I could see where I put the clouds, being the sand too. So... WHO KNOWS. :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

~~ Alaine

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card Alaine!!! I wish I could be at this tropical place!!! Pefect take on the FTTC Sketch!!! Thank you for playing along!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete